We try to actively engage in promoting both our own project and the activities of the ERC in general.
- A paper from the LONGWOOD project is featured is the journal NATURE’s Research Highlights section! download page from NATURE, download paper from journal
- An interview with P. Szabó about the LONGWOOD project was published in a special feature of CORDIS‘ research*eu magazine (the official European Commission magazine on results from EU-funded research projects) on ‚Seeding ideas for preserving our forests‘ (No. 54, July 2016). download the magazine
- We contributed to a short article about traditional woodland management in one of the most popular Czech hobby gardening magazines. download in pdf
- P. Szabó presented the LONGWOOD project at the national information day about European Research Council grants, organized by the Technology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Charles University. Prague, 24 September 2015. download the programme
- LONGWOOD is one of 13 projects featured in the ‚Spotlight on ERC project‘ brochure, which celebrates the 5000th ERC grant. download the brochure or visit the ERC website
- The LONGWOOD project was visited by Claudia Alves de Jesus Rydin (ERC PE10 Earth System Science Coordinator) in Průhonice. The visit included presentations on ERC in general and on the project in particular. 4 May 2015. Download the programme and the working group leaders‘ presentations.
- An article about the LONGWOOD project appeared in Lidové noviny, one of the most important daily newspaper of the Czech Republic. 20 April 2015. download in pdf
- We co-organized the conference „Coppice forests: past, present and future“ held at the Mendel University, Brno, 9-11 April 2015. More info here. News of the conference were published in Lesnická práce, the popular journal of Czech forestry. download
- P. Szabó presented the LONGWOOD project at the workshop European Research Council and the Czech Republic: Horizons for Social Sciences and Humanities, organized by the Technology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Faculty of Arts of Charles University and the Office of the ERC Vice-President Pavel Exner. Prague, 14 November 2014. The presentation can be downloaded here.
- The LONGWOOD project is featured in the first volume of the brand new popular journal of the Institute of Botany ASCR, Botanika. download
- R. Hédl gave an invited talk about the LONGWOOD project at the Department of Botany, Palacký University Olomouc. 4 December 2013. download in pdf
- R. Hédl gave a presentation about the LONGWOOD project at the University of Bremen, Germany. 5 November 2013. download
- Interview with working group leaders about the LONGWOOD project in Živa, the popular scientific journal of the Czech Academy of Sciences (in Czech). April 2013. download
- R. Hédl was invited to present the broader context of our research at the Nordwestdeutsche Forstliche Versuchsanstalt (NW-FVA), Göttingen, Germany. 1 November 2013. download
- LONGWOOD was one of five projects included in a Special Feature prepared by the ERC Communication Unit for the annual Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union, which took place in San Francisco, 3- 7 December 2012. download in pdf
- P. Szabó provided information on the LONGWOOD project and his personal experiences with European grants for the Master’s thesis of Zuzana Vašíčková (Masaryk University, Faculty of Social Studies, Brno, Czech Republic) entitled „Integration of the Czech Republic into the European Research Area – analysis of the Ideas program.“ More info on the thesis, which can be read here
- Presentation of the LONGWOOD project by P. Szabó for possible future ERC applicants at Setkání AV ČR nad granty Evropské výzkumné rad (ERC) – [Meeting of the Czech Academy of Sciences concerning ERC grants] 11.11.2011, Prague. more info on the meeting and P. Szabó’s presentation in pdf
- News of the LONGWOOD project on the official website of the Czech Academy of Sciences